This recipe is from Dr. Gundry and is one of my favorite treats.
Ingredients (Makes 20-30 clusters):
2 cups chopped dark chocolate (at least 70% cacao)
1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped toasted walnuts
1/2 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
1/2 cup of pistachios (shells removed)
1/2 cup of coarsely chopped dried figs
Dollop of flakey sea salt (to sprinkle)
- Prepare a baking tray with parchment of wax paper.
- Melt your chocolate in a bowl, softly over a double boiler (or if you’re in a time crunch by microwaving in 15-second bursts).
- Once your chocolate is melted and smooth, mix in the nuts and softly stir to combine.
- Next, portion your chocolate-nut mix onto the prepared sheet tray – creating 20-30 bite-sized clusters. (Personally I like to use teaspoons for this part.)
- Before your chocolate sets, sprinkle each cluster with a small dash of flaky sea salt.